GTR Restoration

My ground up restoration of a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

Saturday, January 12, 2008

More engine work


I havn't made a post for some time. My apologies.
I have now fitted the flowed head with cams and all the secondary air system, plus the port matched inlet manifold. My new re-cut throttles are ready to be picked up. I am organising to have all the covers, pipes and plenum painted in the same silver as the car. They will be fitted up when they are painted.
I have replaced all the bearings and seals in the front diff as a precaution while i had the chance. Once i reassemble the diff into the housing on the side of the sump i will refit the sump to the engine. The sump has been sand blasted to freshen it up.
I am about to order a pair of Garrett 2860r-5 turbos. As a precaution i am replacing all the exhaust manifold studs. I will be using the stock manifolds. I am going to purchase stainless steel CES dump/front pipes with long wastegate pipes. It comes in 3 sections and the first section needs to be bolted upto the turbos before the engine is assembled back into the car. I am also going to purchase an oil cooler kit complete with filter relocator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home